- Opera & Ballet
- Box office
- Support the Theatre
The Orchestra of the Teatro Regio descends from an orchestra founded at the end of the nineteenth century by Arturo Toscanini, who was its permanent conductor and artistic director. Since 1967, it has been the permanent orchestra of the opera foundation in Torino, engaged in the entire Opera and Ballet Season.
In 2003 members of the Orchestra formed the Filarmonica ’900 del Teatro Regio.
The Chorus of the Teatro Regio of Torino was established in 1945 after the fire of the Theatre in1936 and the second world war interrupted its activity, becoming, in 1967, the permanent chorus of Teatro Regio.
The children’s chorus of the Teatro Regio and the ‘Giuseppe Verdi’ Conservatory of Torino came into being at the end of 1997 as a result of the collaboration of these two institutions, and since then has been directed by Maestro Claudio Marino Moretti. Under the direction of John Mauceri, together with the Orchestra and Chorus of Teatro Regio it participated in the 1997 Christmas concert, and in June 1998, in Turandot with the direction by Zhang Yimou.
The music collaborators carry out various functions in opera productions, from accompanying blocking and staging rehearsals at the piano (rehearsal accompanists and coaches) to cueing entrances in performances (stage collaborators), from prompting the text (prompters or repetiteurs) to cueing lighting changes (lighting collaborators).